SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. -- A woman at Northside Hospital in Sandy Springs is battling a condition similar to what struck Aimee Copeland.
Copeland lost both her hands and legs to flesh-eating bacteria she contracted after a fall from a homemade zip line.
Shin Ae Kim, 30, has been in the hospital for two months and has been diagnosed with sepsis shock. Kim is married and has a 2-year-old son. She was four months pregnant when she was taken to the emergency room in February and had miscarriage.
Kim's heart stopped twice and was brought back by CPR, according to her family. She has lost her legs from the knee down and her hands but doctors say she's finally starting to recover.